Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It’s that time of year again …

 

report_cards

Report card writing-time already!?! Seriously, where did the time go? I feel as though just yesterday was the first day of school. September & October flew by. Now, as the end of November draws near … teachers in New Brunswick know exactly that that means ……… REPORT CARD TIME. I am currently in my 4th year of teaching & each year, I had hoped to learn the secret to writing report cards in record breaking time. This has unfortunately, somewhat failed to happen. We have been pretty lucky at my present school. For the past two years we have been able to take a 1/2 day for 2 out of the 3 reporting times to actually work on report cards. This was thanks to our wonderful teacher’s working conditions fund.

I have no idea where this money has gone but for some reason this option is no longer available to us. So here I am working long into the night all week & probably will have to for most of the weekend (which should actually be my birthday celebration weekend .. BOO!) …  I have to apologize for the negativity. I absolutely love/adore my job & if it means that I have to bust my butt for 3 –4 weeks out of the school year, then it is totally worth it! As my best friend never fails to remind me, teachers do get 2 months off a year so I should just SHUT-UP! ha-ha .. Love ya Channy!

1 comment:

Whim Wham Life said...

Teachers are such rockstars! So you, are totally amazing:-) Hope you are feeling the love from all your students! xoxo

 

Johnston's Journal | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012