Wednesday, January 04, 2012

1st Shot at Elements!

For my birthday this year, I pooled my gift money together (from my husband, parents & in-laws) and got myself a nice new Canon Camera XS!! I’ve slowly been getting adjusted to using it. It definitely is NOT the most advanced model that you can get but it does the trick (and was on sale at Staples for such a good price, it was hard to resist). I can always upgrade my shots by purchasing better lenses. However, one must be patient before any of that happens … & actually save up some money to do so, HA. 

In the meantime, I am snapping pics whenever possible & now … have attempted to edit them. I have downloaded Photoshop Elements 10 (Trial Version) to see how I like it. If I can get the hang of it and figure out how to properly edit pictures, I am definitely going to purchase it after my trial version is up. I wanted to show my first attempt at using Photoshop Elements with pictures I’ve worked on tonight.

I should add :::: I also had a bit of help
with a link I found on Pinterest
(link below pictures)

(Follow me on Pinterest here)

13 most popular photography tips of all time ~ reference

4 Easy Tips for Photoshop Techniques to make your pictures pop 

 

So my attempt to edit the picture below - might be really terrible for some of you more advanced Photographers … but I must admit, I think its not too shabby for a first timer.

Anyways, please let me know your thoughts & tips if you are Pro/Master editor yourself or if you are someone whom may have found themselves exactly in the same starting place where I currently am now…

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from you!!! : ) 

So here goes…

Before …

 IMG_0436

 

With fancy logo/signature …

 

IMG_0436 cropped using elements

 

After editing (Easy Blur)

 

Tip 5 - Easy blur


Thoughts/Tips?!? :)

I can totally handle constructive criticism…

 

Sheila xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you decreased the exposure or increased the blacks. However Ryan is super pale - I would suggest increasing your warm tones. Also, did you use a flash when you took this photo? And are you shooting in RAW or JPEG?

Also try not to cut off your subject at odd body parts - so your arm dissapears shortly after your elbow, but look at all the room above your heads? You should frame your photo before you take it :)

 

Johnston's Journal | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012